02 Jan Happy New Year!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Where has the time gone? 2014 already? As wonderful as 2013 was, we are excited for 2014.
The New Year brings new beginnings, goals and resolutions (that will hopefully last more than a few weeks), fresh starts, and the excitement of the unknown. It is up to us to create our futures and to control just how great 2014 is.
How do you celebrate New Years? Every family, culture, group, etc. has their own traditions. Here are some of the weirder ones (taken from link below):
- Eat a spoonful of lentils at midnight for a year filled with work and money.
- Walk around your block with an empty suitcase for a year full of travel!
- Jump 7 waves for good luck.
- At exactly 12:00, step forward with your right foot to start the year off with…YOUR RIGHT FOOT!
- You must eat a grape with each bell strike at midnight for prosperity. –This one isn’t that weird, but whose mouth is that big??
Personally, the best part is always setting new goals. Whether that is to travel the world, the cliché “I’m going to work out more”, or even to just smile more, it is important to each and every person to have something they can individually improve on, because there is always something.
Goals are more than the simple act of completing them, they are about self-discipline and doing things you don’t necessarily want to do. They are about proving to you that you can stick to something and complete it. They are about going the extra and most likely uncomfortable mile to make you a better person.
Of course it is difficult, but that’s why the end success is so satisfying!
What are some of your New Years resolutions for 2014? Let’s make it the best year yet!