05 Feb 7 cool public sculptures in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is full of hidden surprises. The following sculptures and statues can be found around the city.
1. The Groundbreaking Violinist – can be seen inside the public entrance of the Stopera at Waterlooplein.
2. The Little Woodcutter – this small man is hidden away up on a tree branch just south of Leidsepein.
3. The Leidseplein Lizards – these are the well known 40 lizards that lounge on the wall and grass outside the City cinema at Leidseplein.
4. The 3 Old Men of the East – these old boys are taking it easy in Oosterpark in the east of Amsterdam. The sculpture is actually called “De Titanjes” (Little Titans) by Dutch sculptor Hans Bayens.
5. The Green Goblins – up on the roof of a house in the De Pijpdistrict are 2 goblins playing ball. At Ceinturbaan 251-255, near the Amstel.
6. The Tall Guys – these lively characters can be found in Westerpark.
7. Red-Light Belle – In the heart of the red-light district on the Old Church Square (Oudekerksplein) is this sculpture whose plaque says “respect sex workers all over the world”.